I buy, therefore I am? Signals of the future from Capri Trendwatching Festival, III edition
The Capri Foundation was created as the result of the founding members’ shared desire to preserve and promote the historic, artistic and cultural heritage of Capri and, at the same time, to encourage and foster sources of artistic excellence on the island. The foundation is directly connected with Capri’s long-established history as an international center of artistic exchange, itself a product of the inseparable relationship between culture and tourism, and which is the island’s most powerful motor of economic and social development. The foundation is a private body, composed of businessmen, hoteliers, and retailers who operate in Capri and Anacapri. It enjoys an open dialogue with both private and public, national and international institutions, with which a permanent collaboration is anticipated.
The Foundation, constituted on February 9th 2009, is a non profit making organization, the primary goal of which is to encourage cultural development on the island of Capri, by way of multidisciplinary educational projects (involving the visual arts, literature, dance, music, and cinema), organized in collaboration with the island’s schools, cultural associations and public administrations. In addition, the Foundation aims to promote the island of Capri and its historic and environmental heritage on both a national and international scale, supporting all those activities which encourage cultural tourism, even in those periods of the year when the island is, traditionally, scarcely populated.
Artistic Freedom. In order to complete its mission, and to ensure the quality of the cultural programs offered, the Capri Foundation supports freedom of artistic expression, regardless of marketplace dynamics.
Respect of the Territory. The Capri Foundation does not consider the territory simply as the context in which the organization’s activities take place, but, above all, as an active participant in, the realization of these activities.
Promotion = Preservation. For the Capri Foundation, the promotion of the historical, architectural and environmental heritage of the island can not be separated from the need to ensure its preservation.
Transparency and collaboration. The Capri Foundation will communicate with transparency it’s aims and welcome every form of collaboration from public and private bodies which share the Foundation’s objectives.
- To provide educational services, available to the population of Capri and Anacapri with the aim of encouraging cultural awareness and creative expression.
- To encourage and foster the growth of professional, intellectual and artistic excellence on the island by way of awards, study grants, foreign study, and exchanges with international artists.
- To increase cultural tourism to Capri, inserting the island in the dedicated Circuits.
- To involve the local population, encouraging interest in indigenous, national and international culture.
- To increase the visibility, awareness and profile, of the Island.
- To involve national and international cultural partners in joint projects, with the aim of increasing the island’s visibility and of reducing costs.
- To promote the cultural and environmental heritage of the Island, and in particular the lesser known aspects of this heritage.
The Capri Foundation intends to meet its objectives and realize its mission by way of a series of multidisciplinary activities, capable of both attracting tourist interest and, at the same time, actively involving the local population. These include:
- Photographic and contemporary art exhibitions,
- Literary reviews,
- Activities which complement and enrich the scholastic educational Curriculum.
- Awards and study grants,
- Dance and theatrical performances complete with workshops open to the Public.
All these events and activities will be arranged with an awareness of both national and international sources of excellence.
Via Camerelle 2, Capri (NA)
Tel. +39 081 8374082
Fax +39 081 8375417
PDF press release Mission Statement (380 kb)